Little Hope?*

According to Mark Levin in Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto, the political demographic in the U.S. breaks down into 30 percent in the hard-core, institutional or knee-jerk left and 70 percent in the center, agnostic, and conservative majority. In Canada the reverse is the case, with the left-wing Liberals, New Democratic Party (NDP), Bloc Québécois and Greens commanding approximately 70 percent of the vote and the Conservatives hovering in the 30 percent range.

Indeed, the Conservative Party polled only 31.91 percent of the vote in the 2015 general election; the remaining parties together, all of a socialist complexion, reaped the remaining 68.09 percent, allowing the Liberals to form a majority government with 184 seats. These statistics show that Canada is essentially a socialist country, the occasional Conservative government merely a national anomaly.

This means there is, in any event at present, little hope for Canada. It is a pacifist and uninspiring nation whose electorate is programmatically incapable of independent thought and which swallows whole the progressivist starch our national broadcaster, the CBC, and print/online media feed it as if it were high-energy protein. There appears to be nothing in the country even remotely resembling the redoubtable, massive, galvanized middle-and-working class constituency that propelled Donald Trump to the American presidency.

Of course, the propaganda in this country is relentless, supporting a growing welfare regime, Muslim immigration, judicial activism, and identity politics favoring “gender equity,” priming a dysfunctional aboriginal (aka “First Nations”) clientage at enormous cost to the public treasury, and promoting a fraudulent “rape culture” and “diversity”-mad academy rapidly going bankrupt in more ways than one. At the same time, the campaign of vilification targeting public figures not in step with the reigning ideological orthodoxy proceeds without intermission.

Thus, former Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper — for all his flaws, a decent man who steered the country adroitly through the 2008 recession and bequeathed a balanced budget when he left office — was reviled for harboring a “secret agenda” that never existed and derided as a conveniently evil villain known as “Harperman.” Currently, in the Conservative Party leadership race, venture capitalist and reality TV star Kevin O’Leary of Shark Tank and Dragons’ Den fame, a pragmatic and no-nonsense candidate with a thorough knowledge of the business world, has been slandered in a CBC hit piece, penned by former Dragon Arlene Dickinson, as an “opportunist” and a “cold, money-driven person” who should “have us all afraid.”

Where have we heard this before?

Read it all…


Could Trump-style populism happen here in Canada?

Why our political parties all sound the same

Carbon tax a colossal waste of money

Exposed: How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data

On electoral reform, Trudeau didn’t just break a promise – he lied

Liberals spent at least $4.1 million consulting Canadians on the electoral reform policy that would never be

PMO’s new Canada-U.S. relations ‘war room’ unit seen as ‘smart,’ considered unprecedented

Lawsuit adds new wrinkles to Kathleen Wynne’s foolhardy Hydro One privatization scheme Update:


Canadians not so ‘exceptional’ when it comes to immigration and refugee views, new study finds

(Visited 25 times, 8 visits today)
newest oldest most voted
Notify of

David Solway has “pride of place” in this entry because, as always, he thinks things through and I respect his judgement. Having said that I tend to disagree with him when it comes to the chokehold the left has on this country when it comes to the huge political change now ongoing in the United States thanks to Donald Trump “et al”. The US left made that mistake also. To bolster my argument it is notable that the EU has long been a socialist enterprise on steroids but in the here and now said EU is in hysterics at just… Read more »